October Half term 2019 Homework:
Year 6 have been told to try and earn at least 500 points on Read Theory (they have their logins in their diaries) and to complete 2 end of unit checks on Mathletics. Please encourage them to spread out the Read Theory homework across the holidays as this will help them to keep up their reading skills.
Have a lovely half term break too!
Homework is set for both Maths & English weekly on a Thursday, to be handed in on the following Tuesday.
Maths is usually set using Mathletics - https://login.mathletics.com/ which your child should have a log in for.
Reading is not set as homework however, children should be reading with an adult often and discussing the things that they read.
Questions you could ask your child include:
- What has happened so far in the story?
- What do you think the book might be about from the front cover?
- Tell me about the main character
- Where is the story set and how do you know?
- Describe your favourite part of the book so far
- What do you think the author meant by that?
Don't forget to sign your child's homework diary once you are finished!